Monday, March 23, 2009

Family Fitness Retreats


This past weekend Rick and I had the opportunity to lead a marriage retreat weekend called Family Fitness Retreats. This weekend was wonderful but so emotionally draining.

We were hosted by Ed & Annie Knotts who own a home on Darlington Lake. They host weddings, receptions, rehearsal dinners, graduation parties and have the bed and breakfast aspect also. It is a beautiful home and all of the couples felt so welcomed and loved.

The weekend was about making your marriage and your family more fit to serve God. It is a wonderful time to learn, to reflect both individually and as a couple and to set some new goals for the family. We were so honored to be asked to lead this group.

Marriages and families are under attack and anything that we can do to help the family to grow stronger and closer to God then it is worth our time and passion.

God has really held us up over the last two weekends but now I am crashing and I need to recharge my battery, Today I will reflax and work on pictures and listen to what God has taught us.

Thank you for your prayers!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathy,

    It's Betty from Canada. I want you to know that I have been praying for your family since I heard of Tonia's death.

    We had to deal with the "justice system" in Cassie's death and I can understand your frustration, your exhaustion and your questions about how the system really works (or not!)

    How unfortunate that your daughter is not there to "give her side of the story", just as Cassie wasn't there for the criminal trial regarding her death.

    Easter was 5 years since she has been in Heaven...life can still be very frustrating and confusing at times.

    I love you & Rick very much and have cried many tears that you are going thru this agony on earth.

    Thanks again for the wonderful products. They are being used to serve God's Kingdom. My niece is going to be working at a youth camp this summer and I have been making some sample projects for her to use with the youth that she will be working with.

    hugs, Betty Penner

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I will review it shortly and then post it. I appreciate your comments and your interest in my blog. Please identify yourself so I can reply!
Hugs,
Kathy

About Me

My photo
Pennsylvania, United States
Christian Mother, wife, & nurse. Love to read and love mentoring teenagers.

Visitors

My counter stats