Sunday, March 15, 2009

Emmanuel Bible Fellowship ladies

This weekend I had the great honor to speak at a church retreat in Sunbury, PA. It was such a wonderful weekend. God was there and he gave me so much strength. I have made some new friends and I have seen the family of God reach out to a stranger and love her all weekend. My friend, Kathy, drove in from Philly to be at the retreat. This was the first time we have ever met face to face. What a delightful woman and she is evidently following God and allowing him to help her heal and grow. We will come and have dinner when we are in Philly! The Clark sisters: Joy, Ruth, Dori and Kathy, sang all weekend. They were 4 beautiful women who were using their gifts to glorify God! Don't forget to call me when you get to Pittsburgh! Shari and her daughter, Morgan, were so much fun to get to know. Morgan wants to be a doctor in the mission field and I believe that she can reach this goal. She is a very insightful young lady. Can't wait to see you when you visit Seth at Geneva. Gloria and Pastor Chuck are a delightful godly couple. I enjoyed the conversations I had with Gloria. Thank you for your prayers! Julie, Katie and Dennis: what can I say? Thank you for your hospitality, especially for Katie giving up your room! Thank you for your friendship. Friday night's chat session was so precious to us. We were sharing our hearts and lives. Julie you are a sister of my heart!

The ladies reached out to love us and lift us up and I can't say thank you enough. As we were driving away I said to Rick that we had just made some new friends. He agreed with me and said that we needed to keep in touch. God was so good to me. I had the strength to speak and my voice never gave out until we started driving home. I got in the car and it was as if the plug had been pulled. I was exhausted and my voice was sore and I became hoarse. But before this I was fine. God is amazing.

I will keep all of you in my prayers. I love you! I am sending a BIG HUG to all of you!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Kathy, for an uplifting and very encouraging weekend. After losing my mom to cancer in 2005 and my dad in 2006, I felt like my world should end. But seeing how other brothers and sisters in the Lord handle the death of their loved ones, and the reassurance of being reunited with my parents in heaven is all that I need. God is good all the time! He has helped me to trust and rely on Him more and more each day. I can do all things through Christ, Who gives me strength - this was the message that I repeatedly heard through your story about Tonia. Thank you for your testimony and the living proof that Christ can be my hope, strength, and power through any circumstance. May God continue to richly bless you and Rick and your ministry as you touch the lives of others.
    Your sister in Christ,
    Cathy Pancher

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I will review it shortly and then post it. I appreciate your comments and your interest in my blog. Please identify yourself so I can reply!
Hugs,
Kathy

About Me

My photo
Pennsylvania, United States
Christian Mother, wife, & nurse. Love to read and love mentoring teenagers.

Visitors

My counter stats