Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2008

As 2008 begins, I can't help but reflect over the last year. Tonia died 6 months ago today, which seems very unreal. At times it feels as if I just picked up the phone to talk to her and at other times it feels like my heart has always been broken. The last few days have been wonderful in many ways but also very sad. On December 30, JC turned 37 and it is hard to fathom the thought that he is celebrating another birthday while we are missing Tonia. When I start thinking like this I have to remember that although I don't understand, I can trust God! Since Tonia's death we have heard from old friends of hers and it has been great to reconnect with them. We have been surrounded by the prayers of our family and friends and we have felt God's embrace around us! I do not think I could have gone through everything without the prayers of our friends.

Our prayer is that we can be used by God in 2008 in whatever way he chooses and that more of our family and friends come to know Christ as their Savior this year!

I will continue to write this blog this year as the events unfold.

With love!

2 comments:

  1. Kathy,
    Thanks for bearing your heart!
    You have been and are in our prayers.

    We have a friend that is going through very difficult circumstances...her 45 year old son had an accident, cancer was diagnosed, chemo...then radiation.
    His counts were low so he was put in the hospital and soon after that he went into a coma & died.
    Our friend is really struggling, so we are sending her your posts about Tonia.
    Yes, thanks for bearing your heart.
    In His Love,
    Jim &Joyce Gaetke
    Reno, NV

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your loss. I'd just recieved word through a friend that Tonia was gone. Grief has not set in, because the initial shock is still present.

    *hug*

    I wish you and your family and your family the best, and i'll light a white candle for Tonia.

    Best Wishes,
    Jason Guthrie, Onalaska WI

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I will review it shortly and then post it. I appreciate your comments and your interest in my blog. Please identify yourself so I can reply!
Hugs,
Kathy

About Me

My photo
Pennsylvania, United States
Christian Mother, wife, & nurse. Love to read and love mentoring teenagers.

Visitors

My counter stats