Saturday, July 11, 2009

In Memory of Tom Lampone & Jessie (JB) Brown

This week God took two of his children home. Jessie, 22, died on Wednesday evening in an auto accident. She was a friend of Sean's. They went to a dance together in High School and the pictures are so cute. They are so young in them. Jessie was walking her faith everyday Her friend Ashley wrote this note about her:

The life story of Jessie Brown as testified by my apartment

Jessie was staying in my apartment this summer, and I happened to be on my way to the apartment when I heard the news. I was the first one to see her stuff in my apartment, and what a testimony it was. Next to her bed lay two books: "The Secrets of the Lord" and C.S. Lewis' "Mere Christianity." On her desk lay her prayer journal, a picture of her and her sister, and a picture of her mom. On the kitchen table lay the most recent taping of Calvary's Sunday service, and the entertainment center was covered with worship CD's. The thing that got me the most, was the verse she had written out in script and posted above the sink. It goes like this:

Job 1:21
Job responded: "Naked I came from my mother's womb and naked I will depart. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away. May the name of the Lord be praised."

Jessie knew what this life was about, and she knew her purpose for being here. This apartment is a testimony of that. She lived her life to the fullest, and knew how to prioritize. She always had time for school, time for God, time for Eric, and time for her friends. We'll miss you, Jess. But your life reflected what God wanted. You accomplished your mission. We love you.

Our dear brother in Christ, Tom, died at 12:15 this morning on his 52nd birthday. Tom has been fighting cancer for years. His legacy will live on with everyone who knew him. His faith was like a shining beacon of hope. He was prepared to meet God but fought the good fight until the end. He told his wife that he wanted to take her to see Italy before he died and he said that at the beginning of this week! He was video taped for one of our services at church this past March. His words were about his faith in God and his desire to do His will. His wife, Patty, has been such a strong partner in his journey. Her courage and strength has been a gift from God. Every time I saw Tom and Patty or communicated with them over email they would always tell me they were praying for me! Even the midst of their fight they would reach out to others. Tom leaves a legacy with his son, Nate, his daughter, Tia, and his grandson, Thomas Michael. Tom, my brother, you will be missed but God welcomed you home by saying "Well done good and faithful servant". Heaven is throwing a party!

Tom & Jessie, we will miss you. We will see you at the party in Heaven in time. We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I will review it shortly and then post it. I appreciate your comments and your interest in my blog. Please identify yourself so I can reply!
Hugs,
Kathy

About Me

My photo
Pennsylvania, United States
Christian Mother, wife, & nurse. Love to read and love mentoring teenagers.

Visitors

My counter stats