Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

Today we celebrated Mother's Day. Rick and Sean gave me beautiful cards and yesterday we planted some beautiful hydrangea bushes that I have been wanting for my prayer garden. Today we had lunch with a couple I consider our spiritual parents. It was a very nice day and it was very special to be with the people I love.

Of course it was also bittersweet as I was missing Tonia so very much. It made me very aware of people around me who were not celebrating today with their entire hearts. Mothers who are not in touch with their children because of problems in the family, mothers who have lost children even before they were born, women who have lost their mothers and women who have never had their own children. This day is a beautiful occasion to honor the women in our lives who have loved us and nurtured us. But it can also be a day when tears are very close to the surface and life doesn't seem quite fair or normal. I get this for the very first time in my life.

So today I would like to send a hug to women every where; just because you are a very special child of God. Women have a very special place in God's plan for this world. So today I want to say Happy Mother's Day but I also want to say I am glad to know all of the women in my life and I thank you for being a part of my life.

2 comments:

  1. I came to this site because I was angry. First I spent two weeks pounding the streets trying to get sponsors for the new tee shirts that the Columbiana County Families of Homicide Victims and Missing Persons are putting out for the summer. There were a lot of comments about Tonia, though not so much about her as her last name. We have kept her name on the shirts to support her family, as that is what the organization is designed to do. And also to support her. It seemed to me that no one cared about her as the victim. Just her last name. That made me angry because she did not ask for what happened to her. It was not her fault. She did not choose her fate. The main thing I saw was a need for you, her family to get out there and talk to people and tell them her story. All any one cares about is how much money is involved between the families. Tonia is getting lost in it. If you could come to some of the functions we have planned (like the big give at Thompson Park on Saturday, May 24) and meet and talk to the people that show up to ask about the victims, maybe these people would remember Tonia again. She was murdered. It should be about her. Not you. Not her rich husband. Tonia. Please think about it. Very Sincerely, Kimberly Mitchell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly,
    I am sorry you are so angry. Columbiana County Families of Homicide is a great organization for people to get together and I know Belinda through our email correspondence. We have been talking about Tonia and will continue to share her story. Anyone who knows us, knows that it is not about money, or about justice here on earth. That is in God's hands. We continue to pray for JC and for the entire Amato family. Our goal is to have people remember that what was intended for an evil act instead will be used to spread God's love. Tonia's memorial scholarship through our church is paying for several teenagers to go on trips. There are new ministries that have been started because of the impact her death has had on people. I am beginning to speak about our loss and how God is working in our life. Tonia will never be forgotten and I miss her daily. I know that I will see her again and that gives me hope and a reason to tell more people about God.

    God Bless you and all the families in Colubiana County Ohio.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I will review it shortly and then post it. I appreciate your comments and your interest in my blog. Please identify yourself so I can reply!
Hugs,
Kathy

About Me

My photo
Pennsylvania, United States
Christian Mother, wife, & nurse. Love to read and love mentoring teenagers.

Visitors

My counter stats